If you are considering whether or not to put up a fence on your property, you might be basing your decision on how a fence installation would affect your home’s value. Before you decide to go ahead with the installation, here is some information on how fences impact property values.
1. Fences Make Your Property More Attractive to Buyers
Putting up a fence is one of the most effective ways to help your property stand out from others on the market. When potential buyers compare other homes to yours and you already have a fence, they will see that as a bonus and it could entice them to make an offer. Homebuyers like fences because they make properties more attractive, add an element of privacy, and are great for families with children and pets.
2. Fences Can Lower Your Insurance Rates
Installing a fence with a qualified fence company can have the added benefit of lowering your homeowners’ insurance rates. Many insurance companies offer discounts for properties that have installed security features, such as fences. However, the amount of the discount will vary depending on the company and other factors.
3. Fences Can Help Keep Your Property Safe
One of the main reasons people install fences is for security purposes. A fence can help keep unwanted intruders out of your property and also deter crime from happening in the first place. It can also help prevent your children and pets from wandering off the property.
4. Fences Can Increase Privacy
If you are looking for more privacy in your backyard or around your home, a fence made just for that purpose is the way to go. A privacy fence will help shield your property from view from the street or other surrounding properties.
Increase Your Property Value with the Right Fence Type
Not all fence types add the same amount of value to a property. Here is a breakdown of the types of fences and factors that influence how much value they can add:
- Wood fence: A wood fence is one of the most popular types in many parts of the country because it is functional and stylish. They are easy to install and maintain but can be pricey depending on the fence company you choose.
- Vinyl fence: A vinyl fence is a good option if you are looking for a low-maintenance fence. Vinyl fences do not require painting or staining and they will never rust or corrode.
- Chain link fence: A chain link fence is a good option if you are looking for security and durability. They are also one of the most affordable fence options.
- Metal fence: A metal fence is a good option if you are looking for a fence that will last a long time. Metal fences can be expensive, but they are very durable and can withstand extreme weather conditions.
Adding a fence to your property can increase the value of your home. In general, fences that are more durable and aesthetically-pleasing will add the most value. If you are looking for attractive features that will help protect your home, adding a fence is one of your best investments. Contact Foremost Fence today if you are looking for a reliable fence company. We can help you choose the perfect fence for your property.